Friday, May 01, 2009

Dried longans



Longan is called Long Ngan. It grows in places like Guangxi (China), Chiang mai and Lumphun (North Thailand). Its fruit can be used as medicine. Longan can be eaten raw or processed into dried fruit and also can be tonic, the fruit rich in iron and fiber. Chinese doctor (TCM) believe dried longans can be used as a blood tonic (cook with chicken), help stomach and treats swelling of women after labout, make the beauty and improve the skin. The Longan is considered to be a heaty fruit and needs to be eaten in moderation because quite sweet .


For myself I drink Longan water with Red dates (hong Jao) or Qi Zi when I feel weak.


I will wash longans and red dates after that add into boiling water . Screw the lip of flask and leave for 3 to 5 hours . I made at night and drunk in the next morning because it's has effective.

No comments: